- Similar Tours
Service: Every Tuesday, Friday
Language: English, French, Germany, Italian
Start/End: Dep. 12:45 – Ret. 22:10
Meeting Point: New Port
Meeting Time: 12.00
Tinos Island is only 45 minutes away. The gorgeous neighbor of Mykonos, being three times bigger, has a lot to offer:
– Tinos graphic beautiful town with the most famous and important Holy Church of Greece, named “Panagia Evangellistria of Tinos” or “Megalochari” which means gracious in English, with its miraculous icons and magic atmosphere will take your breath away.
– The women’s monastery Kechrovouni, high up in the mountains, which is inhabited by 40 nuns
– The traditional village Volax, home to the basket makers
-The valley of the pigeon houses from the Venetian time
– Pyrgos, the Centre of the marble arts
– Continuously changing scenery of landscapes, traditional villages and views over the
Aegean Sea and surrounding islands.
Please note that for the visit of the church and monastery there are strict clothing rules: sleeveless shirts and shorts are not permitted. Men must wear long trousers and women must wear skirts or trousers that go below the knee.